Why is a Roof Inspection Important?
If you are getting ready to purchase a new home, have you gone over every aspect of the new house? Probably not. There are a lot of things to cover like the foundation, the plumbing, and the condition of the interior. Obviously the roof is looked at, but dedicated roof inspections are not necessary for a home sale or purchase. Not knowing what you need to know about a roof can mean you might end up paying more in repairs later on. For a comprehensive roof inspection in McKinney, TX, rely on R & J Contractors. Call us at (214) 504-2684 to schedule an appointment today.
Getting a Roof Inspection Before Buying a House
Roof inspections on their own are not required when purchasing a home, but it is highly encouraged. Most realtors and banks will require a home inspection which will cover things like the foundation, smoke detectors, and a general overview of the roof. But you won’t actually know the finer details without a solely dedicated inspection. Knowing those finer details can give you more information to make a better decision about the home you are purchasing. There are in fact many advantages to scheduling a dedication roof inspection. Help yourself in making a well informed decision with a roof inspection in McKinney, TX. You can rely on R & J Contractors to get the job done accurately and efficiently.
Benefits of Roof Inspections
Choosing to schedule a separate inspection solely for the roof will produce many advantages for potential homebuyers. You will get the chance to learn more about the condition of the home that you won’t find in the general inspection. More importantly, you’ll be providing yourself more information to make a more informed decision.
- Find Damage: Roof inspections for leaks or water damage are important during the buying process. In doing so, you can get ahead of minor issues that could potentially grow into something larger.
- Simplified Claims: You’ll have a better idea of what you are getting into when you complete a roof inspection for homeowners insurance. And reputable companies, like R & J Contractors, keep detailed records which can make the claims process a little more easier, should you need to file.
- Money Saving: Most homeowners rarely check their roof or attic on a regular basis. With an inspection, you can find minor problems and tackle them before they become bigger, more costly issues. Thus, in the long run, saving you money.
- Longevity: Scheduling a regular roof inspection and repairs is a great way to extend the longevity of your roof. In doing so, you’re preventing continual damage of your roof and allowing it to do the job it is designed to do.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing your roof is in good condition and won’t collapse in during the middle of the night is a great feeling. Taking the time to invest in a roof inspection is perhaps one of the best ways to have that peace of mind.
Completing a roof inspection is crucial to better understanding the home you may purchase. But why stop with a roof inspection? If the home you’re looking at is a few years older, why not also consider inspecting the plumbing and knowing the plumbing maintenance plans? Doing so can help save you money that you may not otherwise have.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What should I expect from a roof inspection?
- Expect the inspector to check inside the home for possible water damage. And just be aware that they are not looking to make you spend money, they are trying to find possible damages/problems that could put the safety of your home and health at risk.
- How often should roofs be inspected?
- Ideally, a roof should be inspected after every major storm. Since that doesn’t always happen, it’s best to schedule a roof inspection at least once a year.
- How long does a roof inspection take?
- The length of time will be dependent on the size of your roof and how many issues there may or may not be. Generally speaking, though, an inspection could last anywhere from 45 minutes to several hours.
- How often should you clean your roof?
- Ideally, your roof should be cleaned at least once a year. This will help prevent any build up of moss, mold, or anything that could pose a threat. It will also help you find possible damages that may be missed.
- What should I look for when inspecting a roof?
- If you, the homeowner, are doing a cursory inspection of your roof, look for 3 main things: crack caulking, rusted flashing, and missing shingles. These will be obvious signs of damage that can indicate the need for a professional inspection.
Schedule an Appointment with R & J Contractors for Roof Inspections and More!
If you are getting ready to purchase a new home, make sure you know everything there is to know about the property. The general inspection will tell you some, but it won’t tell you enough. To get a clear picture, rely on R & J Contractors and schedule a roof inspection in McKinney, TX with our team. We’ll take a look at the roof and give you our clean and honest findings. Call (214) 504-2684 to get more information.